D3O has engineered a revolutionary range of footwear materials for insoles which offer enhanced shock absorption and superior cushioning to provide enhanced comfort, support and protection in outdoor sports.
The insoles use D3O Decell: an innovative material which brings strain rate sensitivity to the athletic footwear market and offers superior cushioning and comfort.
A ground-breaking impact protection solutions company, D3O sells and licenses a range of unique patented smart materials. D3O’s unique patented technology is used to make a soft and flexible material with high shock absorbing properties. In standard conditions the material’s molecules flow freely, allowing the material to be soft and flexible, but on impact, lock together to dissipate the impact energy and reduce the transmitted force.
Featuring D3O’s patented shock absorbing technology the insoles use D3O Decell: an innovative material which brings strain rate sensitivity to the athletic footwear market and offers superior cushioning and comfort. It has been designed specifically to maintain its cushioning properties even at the highest impact energies associated with running and jumping with only single digit loss of efficiency over 1,000km, compared with over 20% loss in EVA foams.
The new range of insoles comprises:
· Comfort – superior cushioning and protection featuring D3O patented shock absorbing technology.
· Support – providing structured support through geometry and featuring D3O patented Decell shock absorbing technology.
· Performance – built-in control chassis for maximum support, and featuring patented D3O shock absorbing technology.
The Support and Performance insoles were developed in conjunction with leading UK orthotics specialists Rightstride Orthotics.
Key benefits of the D3O insoles:
• D3O provides greater protection to the foot than other foams commonly used in the marketplace
• D3O manages sweat effectively and performs well under the most extreme conditions
• D3O outperforms competitor products through geometry and material durability
• D3O provides comfort at varied impact energies, thanks to rate sensitive technology, whether a wearer is walking, running or jumping
Full details of the D3O insoles:
· Comfort – a simple and easy-to-fit insole made of 100% D3O Decell. This product provides a great in-shoe feel with a good arch profile. The deeper heel cup and high flanging offers a moderate level of control. The insole provides general comfort, specifically in the heel. Ideal for general usage.
· Support – developed in collaboration with Rightstride Orthotics, providing structured support through geometry and featuring D3O patented Decell shock absorbing technology. It offers very high levels of impact protection whilst providing good mid-foot support. An extra deep heel cup and high medial and lateral flanges give a good forward velocity control, which off-loads shin pain. The medial flange is designed to sit in trainers and walking shoes. The insole has an energy-return insert in the forefoot.
· Performance – developed by Rightstride Orthotics with built-in control chassis for maximum support, and featuring patented D3O shock absorbing technology. The insole comprises strong stable rear-foot control, in-built impact protection heel pad and a unique mid-foot impact control system designed to provide dynamic pronation control. The unique shape of the mid-foot provides increased stability and velocity control, as well as preventing the over-use of the anterior muscle group. The insole has an energy-return insert in the forefoot.
How D3O insoles can improve foot comfort for outdoor sports
Running/sprinting and jumping – this can result in an increased impact trauma, often referred to as micro trauma. Each time the foot hits the ground with increased force there is a high risk of a slight injury and over a long period, there is increased chance of a performance impacting injury such as low grade knee pain, heel pain or first met pain. To diffuse impact micro trauma and therefore reduce the risk of low grade injury or discomfort occurring, is important to ensure continued levels of performance. The faster the running/sprinting the more relevant this becomes and in a true sprinter, the risk of a sudden impact is high even during one cycle.
Solution: D3O Comfort insole designed to provide high levels of shock attenuation and extreme comfort.
Batting/close-in fielding/playing golf: Sudden short explosive movements coupled with prolonged periods of standing can be a risk for sudden impact injury (met fractures) or low grade chronic pain in the first met or lower back. The need here is to prevent fatigue by offering good levels of comfort and control with fast-acting shock attenuation in the forefoot area.
Solution: D3O Support insole designed to provide high performance levels of shock attenuation and unique velocity control.
Walking/sporadic jogging/long periods of standing: The need is to provide comfort and reduce fatigue.
Solution: D3O Comfort or Support insole designed to provide high performance levels of shock attenuation and unique velocity control.
Hiking/trail walking/slow jogging: This form of medium to low intensity activity is often done over a much extended period of time, rather than short bursts. The problems that arise here are low grade chronic foot, knee and back pain because of either the generalised lack of shock attenuation or the poor lower limb control.
Solution: D3O Performance insole offers outstanding levels of shock attenuation combined with a supportive and controlling shell giving you all the control you need.
Improved impact protection in footwear has been linked to a reduction in lower limb injuries and D3O’s new under foot shock absorption range helps to reduce the impact trauma that commonly causes knee and hip injuries.
D3O Comfort, Support and Performance Insoles can be purchased via D3O’s expert orthotics partner, Rightstride Orthotics website: http://www.rightstride.com/d3o-product-range.html