D3O is making its debut at CES 2015 to showcase its proven technology in impact protection and shock absorption for consumer electronics and wearable technology brands.
“D3O welcomes the opportunity to demonstrate its portfolio of impact protection, shock absorption and vibration control smart materials which will be game changers for consumer electronics and wearable technologies”
D3O, the British smart materials expert, whose globally patented technology provides industry-leading impact protection in the US team sports, electronics, footwear, global defense and motorcycle sectors, is making its debut at CES 2015 in Las Vegas from 6-9 January, to showcase its proven technology in impact protection and shock absorption for consumer electronics and wearable technology brands.
With a proven track record of impact protection in US team sports including American Football, baseball and lacrosse, D3O will be exhibiting in the brand new CES sports tech pavilion with other leaders in innovation. D3O’s protective products were first used during the 2006 Winter Olympics in ski race suits for the US and Canadian teams. D3O partners with key global brands Schutt Sports, Rome Snowboards and Dr. Martens, and is funded by the US Army to test shock absorbing helmet liner technology to reduce the risk of head injuries caused by Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
D3O’s globally patented impact protection technology is successfully being trialled in camera and lens cases by F-Stop. D3O’s globally patented impact protection technology is also currently integrated into mobile phone, laptop and tablet accessories manufactured and distributed by Tech21. The range of protective cases featuring D3O is compatible with products including Sony, HTC, Samsung and Apple which includes iPhone and iPad cases available in Apple stores worldwide.
Bringing the impact protection expertise honed in these sectors, to introduce brands to its far-reaching impact protection, shock absorption and vibration control capabilities, at CES D3O will be:
• Exhibiting its portfolio of patented technology and smart materials:
– Wearables/D3O Smart Skin: a lightweight and low profile impact protection layer that can be directly applied to fabrics such as base layer or gloves, worn beneath an outer garment. A key application for D3O Smart Skin is wearable technology for the sports and consumer electronics sectors
– D3O impact protection materials: enhanced shock absorbing solutions which offers the ultimate in soft and flexible impact protection. The impact protection range of materials includes four grades of materials with diverse applications including protection for consumer electronics products such as cases for mobile devices, tablets and sports protection apparel
– Ski hardware: The US ski brand RENOUN has successfully exploited D3O proprietary hyper-damping technology in its Endurance ski: the only ski on the market to adapt as conditions change
– New concepts and applications: D3O is currently developing a range of further vibration dampening materials both for the consumer electronics and the snow sports markets
• Running live demonstrations of its ingredient technology and existing applications
• Delivering new product and material showcases
• Introducing new product applications
• Announcing new brand partnerships
• Showcasing wearable technology
Marcus Hoenig, D3O’s Chief Business Development Officer, Advanced Concepts said:
“D3O is excited to be exhibiting at CES for the first time, and showcasing our proven unique patented technology based on non-Newtonian principles in the event’s brand new sports tech pavilion.”
“For the consumer electronics market, products are getting ever smaller, more fragile, and more precious for individuals. D3O appreciates that the expectations and requirements for impact protection in this sector are always changing.”
“Bringing industry-leading impact protection expertise from sports, defence and motorcycle apparel sectors, D3O welcomes the opportunity to demonstrate its portfolio of impact protection, shock absorption and vibration control smart materials which will be game changers for consumer electronics and wearable technologies.”
D3O is exhibiting at CES, Las Vegas from 6-9 January 2015 in the Sands Expo, Hall C, Sports Tech Pavilion, Stand 73964