Industry first for British smart materials company introducing anti-vibration smart materials to ski hardware with brand partner RENOUN.
“At ISPO 2015, D3O welcomes the opportunity to demonstrate its portfolio of patented shock absorption and wearable technology plus vibration control smart materials which will be game changers for the snow sports sector.”
Industry first for British smart materials company introducing anti-vibration smart materials to ski hardware with brand partner RENOUN
With a proven track record of impact protection in European and US snow sports brands including Scott Sports and Burton, D3O reveals new wearable technology at ISPO
British smart materials expert D3O, whose globally patented technology provides industry-leading body protection in snow sports apparel, is delivering an industry first at ISPO 2015 with the introduction of a smart anti-vibration material in ski hardware, as well as proven impact protection and new wearable technology for snow sports.
D3O’s body protection products were first used during the 2006 Winter Olympics in ski race suits for the US and Canadian teams. D3O globally patented impact protection technology is integrated into the snow sports apparel of key global brands including Scott Sports and Burton; the snowboard boots and bindings of Rome Snowboards, and is funded by the US Army to test shock absorbing helmet liner technology to reduce the risk of head injuries caused by Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
Bringing the impact protection expertise honed in these sectors, to introduce brands to its far-reaching impact protection, shock absorption and vibration control capabilities, at ISPO D3O will be:
• Exhibiting its portfolio of patented technology and smart materials:
• Ski hardware: The US ski brand RENOUN has successfully exploited D3O proprietary hyper-damping technology in its Endurance ski: the only ski on the market to adapt as conditions change. RENOUN is a 2015 winner of an ISPO Gold Award for the ski.
• D3O in in Rome Snowboards’ bindings and snowboard boot: D3O’s patented technology has been integrated into Rome Snowboards’ boot liner to bring superior cushioning and shock absorption underfoot. The D3O technology has been applied to the base plate of Rome Snowboards’ Katana binding offering improved cushioning for a smoother ride and greater control
• D3O off-the-shelf back protectors: D3O will be displaying its CE-certified Viper back protectors which are used within the snow sports industry
• Wearables/D3O Smart Skin: a lightweight and low profile impact protection layer that can be directly applied to fabrics such as base layer or gloves, worn beneath an outer garment
• D3O impact protection materials: enhanced shock absorbing solutions which offers the ultimate in soft and flexible impact protection. The impact protection range of materials includes four grades of materials with diverse applications including protection for sports protection apparel
• Running live demonstrations of its ingredient technology and existing applications
• Delivering new product and material showcases
• Introducing new product applications
Marcus Hoenig, D3O’s Chief Business Development Officer, Advanced Concepts said:
D3O is well known for its industry-leading impact protection expertise for global snow sports brands. At ISPO 2015, D3O welcomes the opportunity to demonstrate its portfolio of patented shock absorption and wearable technology plus vibration control smart materials – honed in other sectors such as US team sport, defence, industrial workwear, motorcycle and consumer electronics– which will be game changers for the snow sports sector.