At D3O®, we’re a young, dynamic and creative team who truly believe in our patented impact protection technology and the role we play as a solutions provider. Our team is diverse and each of us bring something different to the table.
If you want to be part of a rapidly growing team, check out the opportunities here. If none are listed, come back soon or feel free to send us a copy of your CV – after all, we can’t say no to the perfect candidate.
D3O® is a British-based impact protection solutions company that markets a unique patented technology that is used to produce a shock absorbing material.
D3O works with global brands on a long-term basis to provide a key ingredient and added value proposition, achieved through a combination of material and product development agreements and standard offerings.
As a high performance branded material, D3O has many applications. Currently it is focused to deliver integrated products to the sport, electronics, footwear, motorcycle and PPE markets.
The company has developed a range of standard and bespoke products that have gained significant traction in key markets. D3O continues to innovate, challenge and lead the world of impact protection and shock absorption, delivering pioneering solutions for its customers.
Work within D3O’s Product Design & Development team, specialising in impact mechanics and the design of new and innovative products for head protection and other applications.
We are looking for an experienced designer to lead product development projects with a strong track record of taking products from conception through to production.
Reporting to the company’s VP Technology, the candidate will take ownership of multiple development projects, ensuring that products are designed to be fit for purpose, meet the requirements of the project brief and are cost effective in both manufacturability and marketability.
- Design, develop and provide market defining products using high quality and innovative design solutions with on time, on budget and on spec delivery against brief
- Use DFM and FMEA techniques to ensure products are of high quality, cost effective and manufacturable
- Follow company processes and best practice methods to effectively manage new product introductions
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Materials, Testing, Operations and Asia teams to ensure right first time developments
- Contribute to the control of department spending by accurately monitoring and accounting for time and costs per project
- Ensure regular and accurate reporting of project status to Line Manager and Senior Management
- Seek continuous improvement of products and processes within the Technology department
- Produce measurable, meaningful and marketable technical data to support new products
- Occasional travel to Asia to support new product introductions
- Assist in any other tasks as required by your manager
- Relevant degree in product or industrial design
- Minimum of 3 years experience working within a product design environment
- Proven delivery of commercially successful product developments
- Evidence of results when working to tight deadlines
- Good level of commercial understanding
- Initiative and effective problem solving skills
- Strong communication and teamwork
- Excellent time management and proactive principles
- Creativity, ambitious and flexible
Please submit a copy of your CV
Please only apply if you are legally able to work in the UK.